Last updated on 15 July 2021
Please click on the following link to find the company’s admission documents:
Orcadian Energy (AIM:ORCA) is a North Sea focused oil and gas development company. The Company’s key asset is the 100% interest in the Pilot oilfield, with proven and probable reserves of 78.8 million barrels (audited by Sproule BV). The Company also has 77.9 million barrels of 2C contingent resources (development on hold) in the Elke, Narwhal and Blakeney discoveries.
The Group’s strategy is to identify discovered resources, preferably well appraised and most likely on the UKCS; to secure access to those resources; and to create a profitable field development plan which attracts finance either from oil industry partners or financial investors.
Orcadian is listed on the Alternative Investment Market (“AIM”) of the London Stock Exchange under the stock symbol ORCA.
Orcadian Energy plc’s main country of operation is the United Kingdom.
|Capital Structure||Number of Shares||Percentage|
|Issued share capital||63,755,174||100%|
|Shares in issue but not in public hands||42,004,752||66%|
|Directors and Significant shareholders||Number of Shares||Percentage|
|Stephen Brown and his wife, Julia Cane-Honeysett||29,164,683||45.7%|
|RAB Capital Holdings Ltd and connected parties||5,357,143||8.4%|
Chief Executive Officer
- Petroleum engineer with nearly forty years of experience with BP, Halliburton, Challenge Energy, Petrofac and Setanta Energy.
- Commercial, project development and operational background.
- Led Harding pre-project team for BP and was the first Andrew operations manager during the project execution phase.
- Founder of Challenge Energy (now part of SLR), Exile Resources (now Oando Energy Resources), Setanta Energy and Orcadian Energy.
Chief Financial Officer
- A highly expert and experienced CFO with a diverse background in the oil and gas exploration and production sector as well as the broader energy market.
- Held senior finance, commercial and operational roles in the oilfield services, engineering, construction and energy production sectors.
- Significant experience with both private equity backed companies and publicly listed entities.
- A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
- Halliburton, Brown & Root, Rockwater, Xtract Energy plc, Elko, Zenith Energy, Edison Mission Energy.
- Chartered engineer with over thirty years of experience as a petroleum and reservoir engineer.
- Broad oil and gas industry experience including offshore production operations, reservoir development planning, feasibility studies, asset evaluation and joint venture asset management.
- BG, Gaffney Cline, Union Texas, Kerr McGee, Challenge Energy & Setanta Energy.
- Former Chief Executive of LASMO plc.
- Worked for Shell Petroleum before becoming Managing Director of Thomson North Sea Ltd. He has held a number of senior roles in the oil & gas business.
- Mr Darby is currently a Non-Executive director at Gulfsands Petroleum plc and was the senior independent director at Premier Oil plc for six years.
- He has held non-executive roles at Alkane Energy plc, Nordaq Energy plc, British Nuclear Fuels plc, Mowlem plc, Bowleven plc and Centurion Energy Inc.
- He was Chairman of Mowlem plc (2005-2006) and Faroe Petroleum plc (2003-2007) and an advisor to the board of Setanta Energy (2011-2013).
- Senior Vice-President Subsurface & Field Development MOL Group accountable for development projects, reserves and providing functional leadership to MOL’s subsurface staff.
- Previously 21 years with Shell International E&P in different technical and leadership roles covering various geographies including Netherlands, Nigeria, Qatar, USA and UK.
- Experienced in complex field developments including water flooding and enhanced oil recovery including steam drive and polymers.
- Trained as a lawyer and now a Qualified Chartered Accountant with 30 years of experience in the financial industry.
- Currently the Chief Financial Officer of Sumner Group Mining plc, and previously Business Development Director within the same group.
- Previously Corporate Finance Director at WH Ireland where he was a Qualified Executive for AIM and acted as retained adviser for a portfolio of AIM quoted clients in a wide range of sectors including mining, oil and gas, healthcare and technology.
- A co-founder of Westhouse Securities, Mr. Feather also previously worked for Brown Shipley & Co. Limited, Henry Cooke Lumsden and Touche Ross (now Deloitte).
Please click on the following link to find details of key advisers.
The Articles of Association of the Company are available to download below.
Orcadian Energy plc is quoted on the London Stock Exchange (AIM) with the stock symbol ORCA. The Group does not have any other securities admitted or traded on any other Exchanges or Trading Platforms.
Please click on the following link to find the corporate governance code:
The Company is subject to the UK City Code on Takeovers and Mergers